Available on EtsyMore photos on Facebook
Here it is, the thing I’ve basically been working on forever. I have had the pieces for the claws, teeth, eyes, and gem baked and waiting and the armature created and sitting in a drawer for almost a year now. It just felt so overwhelming I didn’t feel like I could do it then, but I felt up to it now.
I knew from the start I wanted to make all the armor removable, but I realized quickly that it wasn’t going to happen. At least, not for the head part. But I did manage to find a way to make the rest of it work and I think that doing the armor was my favorite part.
The other thing I wanted to try was flocking the feet and face so it would be furry. After a few attempts, it has a nice texture that reminds me of a sort of rough velvet.
All in all, I'm completely pleased. It was a huge challenge and there was a lot of new stuff to learn, but it was just the thing I needed to force me to step out of my comfort zone.